- University of California, Irvine - Verano Place Student Housing
- University of California, Irvine - Verano Place Infant Toddler Center
- University of California, Davis - The Ramble (Zero Net Energy)
- University of California, Davis - The Solstice (Zero Net Energy)
- The Exchange at El Monte Gateway
Commitment to Sustainability
Sustainability is central to everything we do at SVA. As architects and designers, we play an integral role in the effort to minimize the impact of the built environment on nature and SVA has extensive experience in sustainable and energy efficient developments, including Grid Neutral, Zero Net Energy (ZNE), and LEED certified projects.
Our approach is comprehensive—we view sustainability as a design practice that is deeply embedded in all our decisions, from a project’s inception to final delivery. With this evolved approach, sustainable design becomes a consistent mindset and not an afterthought. Our clients benefit from partnering with a forward-looking firm that can meet the growing demand for sustainable architectural practices and standards.
SVA has a prominent history of LEED certified projects; below are examples of LEED Platinum and LEED Gold Certified projects, as well as CHPS (Collaborative for High Performance Schools) Certified or Verified projects. Each of these projects met the rigorous standards for certification through innovative design and careful attention to detail.
- California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo - Poly Canyon Village
- NAVFAC - Bachelor Enlisted Quarters No. 4
- NAVFAC - Bachelor Enlisted Quarters No. 7
- Port of Los Angeles Police Headquarters
- Sacramento State University - American River Courtyard
- County of Los Angeles - Quartz Hill Library
- Celadon at 9th & Broadway
- Los Angeles USD - Alta California Elementary School – CHPS Certified
- Los Angeles USD – Dr. Lawrence H. Moore Math/Science/Technology Academy – CHPS Certified
- Los Angeles USD - South Region Academy of Multilingual Arts & Sciences - CHPS Certified
- Oakland USD - La Escuelita Education Center, Phase 1 - CHPS Verified (Grid Neutral)
- Oakland USD - La Escuelita Education Center, Phase 2 - CHPS Verified (Grid Neutral)
- Tustin USD – Orchard Hills School - CHPS Certified