Commitment to Sustainability
Sustainability is the defining facet of the SVA culture. As architects and designers, we bear the unique responsibility of creating our future communities. Our efforts will minimize the impact of the built environments on nature, reduce costs, and improve efficiency. It is crucial, now more than ever, to think about a rapidly changing world and how our schools, housing, and public spaces can meet those challenges.
We have a comprehensive approach that deeply embeds sustainability design practices in all our decisions from a project’s inception to its final delivery. This requires commitment to a variety of sustainable solutions. Our clients benefit from partnering with a future-focused firm that can meet the growing demand for sustainable architectural practices and standards. We take these challenges seriously, as evidenced by our extensive experience in sustainable and energy efficient developments, including Grid Neutral, Zero Net Energy (ZNE), and LEED certified projects.
Listed below are examples of LEED Platinum and LEED Gold Certified projects, as well as CHPS (Collaborative for High Performance Schools) Certified or Verified projects. Each of these projects met the rigorous standards for certification through innovative design and careful attention to detail.
- University of California, Irvine - Verano Place Student Housing
- University of California, Irvine - Verano Place Infant Toddler Center
- University of California, Davis - The Ramble (Zero Net Energy)
- University of California, Davis - The Solstice (Zero Net Energy)
- The Exchange at El Monte Gateway
- California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo - Poly Canyon Village
- NAVFAC - Bachelor Enlisted Quarters No. 4
- NAVFAC - Bachelor Enlisted Quarters No. 7
- Port of Los Angeles Police Headquarters
- Sacramento State University - American River Courtyard
- County of Los Angeles - Quartz Hill Library
- Celadon at 9th & Broadway
CHPS Verified / Certified
- Los Angeles USD - Alta California Elementary School – CHPS Certified
- Los Angeles USD – Dr. Lawrence H. Moore Math/Science/Technology Academy – CHPS Certified
- Los Angeles USD - South Region Academy of Multilingual Arts & Sciences - CHPS Certified
- Oakland USD - La Escuelita Education Center, Phase 1 - CHPS Verified (Grid Neutral)
- Oakland USD - La Escuelita Education Center, Phase 2 - CHPS Verified (Grid Neutral)
- Tustin USD – Orchard Hills School - CHPS Certified